Consultation - Balancing West Berkshire Council's Budget
As you are probably aware, West Berkshire Council, along with many other local authorities, is facing unprecedented financial pressures due to a number of national and global factors which has left a significant funding gap in next year’s budget. In order to address this budget gap, savings are needed which could affect a number of front-line services, some of which sit within the Council’s Environment Department.
West Berkshire Council is currently consulting on a range of savings proposals, but before any decision is taken, they would like your views. The savings currently being consulted on are detailed below.
- Close or find an alternative provider to run Willows Edge Care Home
- Reduce opening hours at Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC)
- Reduce contributions to community transport
- Reduce weed spraying treatment
- Reduce frequency of parks, open spaces and verge maintenance
- Restructure Adult Social Care care-home charges
- Reduce funding for gully emptying and bridge maintenance
- Restructure funding for Adult Social Care transport services
- Reduce litter bins and dog waste bins*
- Restructure parking fees and charges
*please note that Stratfield Mortimer Parish Council has its own contractor for emptying dog waste bins within the village.
Further information and the online consultation is available at https://westberks.gov.uk/balancing-our-budget (opens in new window)
The deadline on this consultation is midnight on Thursday 11 January 2024.