Notice of Vacancies
Notice is hereby given that two vacancies have occurred among members of the Parish Council by reason of unfilled seats at the 2023 elections.
Any person willing to fill one of these vacancies must be:
- A British, Commonwealth or European Union citizen
- At least 18 years old
- Either on the list of electors for the parish or during the whole of the previous twelve months have:
- Occupied land in the parish as an owner or tenant or
- Had a principal place of work in the parish or
- Resided in, or within three miles, of the parish.
The applicant must also not be debarred from standing as a Councillor.
PUBLIC elections cannot be held until the year 2027 but, for the interim period, election to the aforesaid Council will be voted for by the present sitting number of Councillors at the Full Council meeting to be held on Thursday the 8th of June 2023.
Applicants should apply to the Clerk in writing for an application form, or can download a copy here (pdf opens in new window), to be returned on or before Monday the 29th of May 2023.
Lynn Hannawin, Parish Clerk
5th May 2023
Copy of the Notice of Vacancies here (pdf opens in new window).