Parish Council Facilities and Services, Newsletters.
For information on the Parish Council, Councillors, Meetings, Minutes and Parish Council documents please click here.
For information of interest pertaining to a wider spectrum of issues, please visit the new "Community Information" page.
Next Committee Meeting(s)
The next committee meeting(s) are as follows:
- Planning on Tuesday 23rd January 2018 at 5.15pm, in the Parish Council Office (behind the library), 27 Victoria Road, Mortimer, RG7 3SH
- Roads, Footpaths and Commons on Tuesday 23rd January at 7.00pm, in the Parish Council Office (behind the library), 27 Victoria Road, Mortimer, RG7 3SH.
Members of the public and press are welcome to attend all meetings.
Parish Council Vacancy - Part Time Assistant to the Clerk
This is an exciting role, primarily based in the Parish Council office in Mortimer, but potential home working and job sharing may well be available.
The role is to provide:
- General administrative support to the Clerk, involving a variety of tasks such as taking phone calls, logging post received, filing, preparing correspondence, managing bookings for the Fairground and Cemetery and processing purchase orders and invoices in conjunction with the Clerk.
- Support to the Clerk in managing agendas and minutes for Full Council and Committee meetings and in collating and distributing papers for these meetings.
- Support in looking after the Parish Council’s Social Media and website pages.
- Support in the management of the various interesting Community Projects that are being planned.
The post is for 28 hours per week spread over 4 days, 9:30 am to 5.00 pm (with ½ hour lunch break) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. There may well be some flexibility in these hours for some evening meetings.
A competitive salary of between £13K and £15k will be paid depending upon experience and will include 16 days annual leave.
Candidates should have excellent communication and computer skills (the Council uses Windows and Microsoft Office), be adaptable and able to work to tight deadlines. Training in Council procedures will be given.
Applications should be made by letter (electronic or post) to the Clerk, using the contact details below, setting out what you would bring to the post and enclosing a brief CV.
The closing date is Friday 26th January 2018 and informal enquiries can be made to the Clerk using the following contact details.
- Address: Parish Council Office, Mortimer Library, 27 Victoria Road, Mortimer, Reading RG7 3SH.
- Phone: 0118 9331955
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy for Councillor
Due to the recent resignation of Cllr. Julian Earl, there is currently one vacancy for Stratfield Mortimer Parish Council. Further information can be found here.
During the development of the NDP after the public consultations had fixed on the one site (the field behind St. John’s School and the Horse & Groom), various ideas were considered to help the new development sit as easily as possible next to the existing surrounding housing.
To the west of the new site the houses in St. John’s Road and St. John’s Close all have a strip of woodland at the bottom of their gardens. This was once part of the field but was bought by the householders many years ago. Ensuring that the woodland strip remained there seemed a good way to maintain as far as possible the view from St. John’s Rd. The newer houses in St. John’s Close already have an Area Tree Preservation Order (TPO) on their strips of woodland.
A project was included in the NDP to seek an Area TPO on the woodland strip that does not currently have one. The whole strip also remained outside the new Mortimer Settlement Boundary. The adjacent houses on the new site will also have some trees and landscaping in their gardens thus providing a visual buffer between new and old. Maintaining a longer continuous strip of woodland is also beneficial for wildlife.
The current (green) and proposed (pink) TPO areas are shown on the picture below.
Further to the Full Council meeting held on 14th December, it was unanimously agreed to apply to West Berkshire for this TPO.
Site Design Brief (SDB) for MOR006
A further updated version of the SDB for The Site MOR006 can be found here. In particular, changes have been made with regards to Lifetime Homes (LTH), ecology and drainage in accordance with the policies and objectives of the NDP.
The webpage will continue to be updated as necessary.
The Autumn 2017 Newsletter has now been delivered to properties in the Parish. Further hard copies can be obtained from the Parish Council Office and Mortimer Library or an electronic version can be found here.
A copy of the Special NDP Projects Newsletter, which was delivered back in September, can be found here.
The next newsletter is due for delivery mid-February, 2018.